Helix CO2 /Subcritical H2O Extraction
- Separate Dedicated CO2 Extractor Vessel
- No CO2 Separator
- Separate Dedicated H2O Extractor Vessels
In this Helix configuration with SCCO2 and Subcritical H2O, there are two extractor vessels.
One is dedicated to supercritical CO2 and the other is used for subcritical water. Although requiring attention, it is possible to operate both techniques simultaneously.
The supercritical CO2 part of the configuration is the same as the Basic Helix.
In order to do subcritical water extractions, the Helix employs:
- a separate liquid pump to pump the water into the extractor vessel
- a separate collection/condensation system to safely condense the “superheated steam” and collect the desired extracts
- Applied Separations, Inc. standard vessels configured to subcritical water achieve 240°C. Optionally, vessels can be configured to achieve 300°C.